The functions of Internal Audit Department:
- Cooperating with the Ministry's various agencies to apply the financial and administrative regulations,investigating the integrity of financial transactions and accounting restrictions and following-up the applicable financial and administrative laws and regulations.
- Reviewing periodically of financial records, calling attention to deficiencies in applying the financial and administrative laws and regulations and proposing ways to avoid this.
- Doing field visits to indentify the integrity of financial and administrative procedures.
- Providing proposals in order to control and rationalize spending.
- Reviewing recurrent, capital and development expenses.
- Preparing periodic reports concerning the progress of work and raising them to the Minister.
- Any other tasks are assigned to the Department.
This division includes the following departments:
Department of Administrative and Financial Control:
It is specialized in the following:
- Reviewing periodically the books and records to verify the integrity of financial transactions and accounting restrictions and following-up the financial and administrative laws, regulations applicable in the Sultanate.
- Doing field visits to all the ministry's bodies, directorates and departments in the regions to indentify the integrity of financial and administrative procedures about the report's results of these visits and submitting them to the Minister.
- Providing proposals in order to control and rationalize expenses, demonstratingthedeficiencies in applying the financial, administrative laws and regulations and proposing ways to avoid this.
- Reviewing the works of stores and making a sudden inventory.
- Reviewing the procedures followed in the purchase and delivery processes and ensuring their match to specifications.
- Evaluating the employees' works of Ministry and endowments' departments in the field of financial and administrative affairs, identifying their training needs and submitting them to the competent departments.
- Reviewing the resolutions of personnel affairs in the financial and administrative aspects to verify their compliance with the provisions of laws, regulations, systems, circulars and financial regulations.
Department of Expenditure Review:
It is specialized in the following:
- Reviewing the exchange bondsof salaries, travel allowances, training and bonuses.
- Reviewing the exchange bonds of recurrent expenditures, including the contracts' value of housing, vehicles,Maintenance, hygiene, water supply, fuel, electricity; telephones and travel tickets.
- Reviewing the exchange bonds of permanent and temporary advances expenses, the values of contributions of Arab and international Organizations outside the Sultanate.
- Reviewing the exchange bonds of capital expenditures, including furniture, office equipments, means of transport, the machineries and equipments.
- Reviewing the exchange bonds of companies in the terms of implemented projects and their designs that have been prepared and supervised.
- Reviewing the exchange documents according to the nature of each expense, including the auctions papers, practices or purchase orders and other papers.
- Ensuring the validity of expenditures and projects'compensations allocated to in the budget.
- Committing the application of laws and resolutions applicable in the Sultanate after reviewing the expenditures.
- Reviewing the actual implementation period of the development projects and delay fine deducted from the receivables.
- Preparing a record to register the contract's data and value of what has been spent according to the progress of work in order to prevent repaying the value of some items.
- Auditing the revenues and expenses of the endowments and money house (Bayt-Al Mal).